Sunday 8 December 2013

Christmas crafting, writing for hundreds and thousands and a few sweet finds



Hey there all... It has been a while since I have posted as crafting, caring for my little, being a nurse a couple of days a week and endless housework has bought my time. Christmas is just around the corner and I have been busy as an elf making for upcoming christmas markets. Although one of my new years resolutions will definitely be to blog regularly.




On top of all of those busy things that are filling my glorious days I have also been very lucky to be chosen by the very sweet and talented Mezz from Mezz makes stuff and Tazz of Butter and buntings to come up with a craft tutorial for their awesome Mag Hundreds and thousands. It's filled with all things crafty, arty, vintage and is just plain awesome.You can check out the blog here: http://hundredsandthousandsmag.blogspot.com.au


I have been busy appliquéing lots of cute little christmas tops, making mini buntings and stitching decos..Fun Fun Fun...



I have been inspired by splashes of retro summer colour, pink yard flamingos which I have been keen to get for my little yard ( hee her) and A woodland christmas.. My Mo worries singlet for littlies has taken a new form for christmas "MO HO HO". The Neon Retro Christmas Decos are a combination of bright coloured felt and vintage upcycled fabric.. I will be selling most of these at my last Market of the Year Seaford Home made and handmade market next Sunday. So look out for the brightly coloured stall and come and say hello :)


Although I have had to cut back on my finds and my op shopping addiction I have had the odd where I have wondered in to the local thrift hub and found such amazing surprises waiting to inspire me..

                  Beautiful vintage sheet fabric
Beautiful vintage wrapping paper
 Love this Christmas vintage circus wrap
                                                   Festive Doilies and handmade baubles
 These cute dolls
                                              Festive things for the silly season
 A very tall and sparkly santa
 MC Hammer boys pants pattern 
 My absoloute favourite was this crochet christmas stocking


Christmas time is coming faster then santa can stuff himself down the chimney and I am excited. 

Happy crafting/ Thrifting

Mary xx




1 comment:

  1. Lovely post, nice to catch up on all youve been doing. I love that granny square stocking, seems so easy to make. Maybe I will try. And that circus christmas paper...i have the exact same one!!! Thanks again for contributing to our next issue of our mag. xoxxox

    ReplyDelete