Saturday 18 January 2014

New Year, New Dreams, New Goals and Finding inspiration in the world around me

I would first like to start 
this post by wishing all of you a Happy New Year! Sorry that it is a late one.... Life has gotten in the way and Frankly I believe that sometimes that's a good 
thing! 

I decided it was high time that I take a break from the pressures of making for markets and focus my energy on family time, time to live and reflect, time to enjoy the things that I love so much ( Thrifting, watching films, enjoying a home cooked meal with my family, music, books etc) and also focusing my energy on creative ideas for 2014.





 I have drawn so many ideas from a plethera of vintage kids books I have found on thrift and garage sale hunts.. Particularly Enid Blyton. I love her stories and the sweet/ Whimsy illustrations in her books. I have also drawn inspiration from life and the many creative people around me... You know who you are!





2014 brings great dreams, hopes and aspirations. As I plan to increase my hours working in my nursing job so that we can finally get our dream home happening I don't plan to let go of this creative lifestyle that I love so much. I will still be crafting and hopefully when I get more organized start selling my little hand made treasures on Etsy again. I also plan to share my love of vintage and open a store with some lovely goodies from times gone by hopefully in the form of Vintage kids room decor. I have also pledged to keep up with the blogging and also find out ways to improve my Blog. I have recently taken the first step towards this by enrolling in a course by the talented Pip Lincoln of Meet me at Mikes to help with my blogging. It starts it Feb and I just can't wait.

Here are some of my other goals for 2014 that I would like to share with you...
1.Learn a new skill
2. Continue to lead a creative life
3. Focus on health and wellbeing
4. A new home and hopefully a new studio
5. Continue to cherish my love of retro
6. Continue to be inspired by my love of music
7. Take time to reflect on life and just learn to slow down at times.
8. Improve my blog and allow it to help me to reflect on my creative journey
9. Learn to appreciate the simple things in life and be grateful for what I have rather then what I don't have..
10. Write more hand written letters.
11. Tell those around me how much appreciate them
12. Be more Eco friendly particularly in my designs as well as at home and with clothing etc.

Wow... I can add to that list too... Talk about the ambitious one..




I would also love to get your feedback on my blog and hope that you have enjoyed all the posts so far. Please be a dear and leave a comment. It means so much to us crafty folk in Blog land and do tell your friends. Help me reach my goal of having a bigger better blog and continue to share the journey with you all.. I hope that your new years dream reaching is going well too.

Cheers

Mary x

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog Mary, and always look forward to reading your posts when I see them pop up in my feed. Enjoy your blogging class but I really dont think you need to change anything. I really like your list of hopes and dreams for the year and reckon they are all reachable! Ive not really written a list for myself, but know in my head that basically this year I want it to be about doing ore things. Things I have done and things ive never done. Saying less no and less over thinking and just going for it! Taz xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tazz :) I love your little philosophy... life is too short not to go for it :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Mary,
    well done on enrolling in Pip Lincolne's class - I'd love to know how it goes. I am doing a one day class with her and Gemma Jones on setting free my creativity! (Through the CAE). I really need it as I have always struggled with that. Hopefully then I will be doing more markets!
    I like your list of goals for this year - all good things to aspire to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That one day course sounds Brilliant! Would love to know how it goes. :)

      Delete